Iredmail is one of the most powerful tool to build full featured email server on Linux/BSD. It uses free and open source packages which are widely used for mail server built-in this universe.
What Comes with Iredmail ?
- Postfix: SMTP service
- Dovecot: POP3/POP3S, IMAP/IMAPS, Managesieve service
- Apache: Web server
- MySQL: Storing application data and/or mail accounts
- OpenLDAP: Storing mail accounts
- Policyd: Postfix policy server
- Amavisd, SpamAssassin, ClamAV: Anti-spam, anti-virus
- Roundcube: Webmail
- Awstats: Apache and Postfix log analyzer
- Fail2ban: scans log files (e.g. /var/log/maillog) and bans IPs that show the malicious signs — too many password failures, seeking for exploits, etc.
I have recently made video tutorial for installing iredmail . I have used Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server for installing iredmail. The version I used is iRedMail-0.7.4 .
First download latest stable version of iredmail from here.
In Ubuntu You can download this file by using wget command.
For e.g. wget http://iredmail.googlecode.com/files/iRedMail-0.7.4.tar.bz2
Next, Install bzip2
apt-get install bzip2
Now extract file using this command.
tar xjf iRedMail-0.7.4.tar.bz2
You have succesfully extracted downloaded file. Then go through the extracted folder using cd command.
You will see iRedMail.sh which you need to make executable file. For this simply type
chmod +x iRedMail.sh or chmod 775 iRedMail.sh
Now run iRedMail.sh by using this command.
If everything goes well must see screen as in video .
After complete installation open your browser and type
You will see this screen. Now put your login here.